Will the GOP help the DNC deliver Americans into the shackles of socialized medicine?
It looks likes Republican faux-resolve is beginning to turn into GOP gutlessness.
According to CSM, the White House is using some former leaders and faux GOPers to twist arms on the Hill:
The list of high-profile, outside-the-beltway Republicans backing an overhaul of the healthcare system is raising eyebrows.Watch Frist stutter and stammer when Neil Cavuto tries to pin him down...
• California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
• New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg (technically an independent, but he’s running for reelection on the Republican and Independence Party tickets).
• Bill Frist, the former GOP Senate majority leader and a physician whose family founded Hospital Corporation of America.
• Tommy Thompson, former secretary of Health and Human Services.
• Mark McClellan, former Medicare chief.
The White House freely acknowledges that it nudged most of these men – Frist came out on his own – toward making public statements. But just as freely, they did say what they said.
The wave of endorsements has already gotten through to one of its most important targets, Sen. Olympia Snowe (R) of Maine. She is the only Republican member of Congress potentially willing to vote for the Senate Finance Committee’s version of reform.
“It is important to hear all voices in the party,” she said Tuesday, according to the Washington Post. “The more we hear, the more we learn, the better job we can do in the final analysis.”
Follow Dienekes' Place on Twitter.